Friday, December 22, 2023

Knowing When To Use The 2-Handed Backhand In Pickleball 👋 🏓 | James Ignatowich

 

Timestamps: 0:00 - The James Ignatowich Show Episode 48 Trailer 🎬 0:19 - Intro ⚡️ 1:17 - When to use 2 hands on the backhand 2️⃣
5:49 Who else has a great 2-handed backhand - Connor Garnett 8:15 - Knowing when to drop and drive 🫳 🚘 18:06 - Driving in transition 💨 19:49 - Aggressive dinking 😼 22:12 - Backhand vs. forehand ATPs ✍️


@madrum 5 hours ago

Connor Garnett just put out a video on YouTube on the various two-handed backhand shots. I watch a LOT of pickleball content on YouTube and Connor’s video did a great job breaking down the key points that makes him successful and there were a few tips I haven’t heard before. 

It’s a great compliment to James’ advice. 

My takeaways: Putting my left index finger on the paddle face (I’m right-handed) is much more comfortable and gives more control and confidence in where the paddle face is facing, which surprised me. Also, putting my heel on the ground, then toe down, to ensure my momentum is going forward when swinging feels much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Age is Just a Number: The Joyce Jones Story | AARP Pickleball Stories |

  The Ageless Athlete: Joyce Jones' Lifelong Love for Badminton and Pickleball Introduction:   At 94 years old, Joyce Jones, a resident ...